Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hip/Hop Homework

This is entry is very simple. Instead of me doing the leg work I won't the reader (whoever that might be) to pull their own weight on this one. I am going to list three old school movies that revolve around the music and culture and hip/hop, and I want to began a discussion that hopefully educates and entertains at the same time.
Beat Street
Wildstyle
Breakin pt.1

I will pose this simple question. What is the common theme of these three movies as it relates to the culture?

There isn't necessarily a right/wrong answer, but I have  an answer and I want to discuss this. If you want to know my answer hit my comment section, and let's get the history lesson started. I will say that my answer will tie in  to the current state of the culture. And for those who don't like history, tough shit!!!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment: